Wednesday, August 03, 2005

1000 Islands Weekend...

so this shirt is gross:
Liquor in the Front ...i found it while searching for napoleon dynamite t-shirts...and OH MY GOD...I am here watching the Golden Girls on Lifetime and I just saw the weirdest not so discreet commerical ever...it was creepy...it was for this product: The Vibe be sure and go to that website...it's quite funny...anyway...

i went tent camping at this past weekend with Tina, Josette, Heather ("H"), Tom (H's husband) and Zach (H's step-son) in the 1000 Islands...it was super-fun! We all stayed in tents in Wellesley Island State Park...Tina, Josette and I had one site and H, Tom & Zach had a site right near ours. Right when we got there it started raining...so I ripped off my t-shirt and put on my bikini top and jumped out of the truck to help set up our tent. I felt like I was on Survivor or something! We got the tent up in less than 5 minutes so it was all good...then later that night we checked out the park, located the bathroom that had 3 showers and some stalls which was very nice and clean and then we visited Woody's to buy wood...set up our fire and cooked up some baked beans and beef, chicken and vegetable kabobs on the fire. After dinner we went into one of the towns (don't ask me what its called!) and had ice cream and walked around...the town looked like something out of a movie set, it was very surreal and I liked it very much.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, before we were able to cook dinner though, we went out looking for an insert for the fire pit on our site since it was missing. Josette drove while Tina and I looked out for an insert. We finally spotted one at the bottom of a steep hill...we went running out of the truck, carried the insert all the way up the hill and threw it in the truck...we had to leave it open though b/c the insert was too big...Josette then drove away up a large hill and some other crap went flying out of the back of the truck so I had to hop out and bungee the rest of the crap down and that was that. So that night we hung out by the fire, drank beer, ate mountain pies, and s'mores (made w/ Ritz crackers since we all forgot the Graham crackers!). We spotted a hot guy setting up his camp near us and I was mesmorized by him since he was alone...and then a few hours later a girl showed up :( so that was that.

The next day (Saturday) we all woke up and had some coffee, eggs and sausage on the fire for breakfast. Then we went into Alexandria Bay (another town) to go on the Uncle Sam's 2 Nations Boat Tour of the kewl houses on the islands on the St. Lawrence Seaway...it was great...we got to see houses on the US and Canadian sides, and then we visited Heart Island that has Boldt Castle on it. George Boldt started off in live really poor and then he moved up in life and was one of the owners of the Waldorf-Astoria hotel in NYC and was all rich and shit...he decided to buy this island and blast its edges into the shape of a heart and build a castle to give to his wife on Valentines Day (her birthday), but in 1904 he got a telegram that his wife, Louise had died so all construction stopped and the site was abandoned until 1977 when the 1000 Islands Bridge Authority acquired it and started fixing it up and opened it to the public for tours. It was kewl in the castle though b/c since it was abandoned it is covered in grafitti and stuff that dates back to like the 1920's and stuff. All in all the whole boat tour thing was great!

Then we went back to the campsite and made some hotdogs, and then I started drinking beer and kept drinking....and since it was hotter than hell outside and H & Tom's campsite was right on the water, we went swimming. The water was so nice, there are zebra muscles in it that filter the water and make it 99.5% pure...you could drink right out of the damn St. Lawrence...that's why I had no issue swimming in it...that and I was quite drunk...I would not stop talking either...haha...so later that night we again hung out by the fire, drank and ate...but a raccoon climbed right up on the table at H's site while we were all out there...and then during the night Tina & Josette kept hearing the raccoons drinking water off of the tarp outside our tent (I heard nothing...I only woke up b/c Tina & Josette were freaking out about the raccoons loudly!)

On Sunday morning, we started packing stuff up b/c we had to be off of the site by 11am. We saw a raccoon hanging out and I took some pictures of him...he probably had rabies...at least we were all vaccinated...haha. We had some coffee & waffles for breakfast, got all of our shit together and went back into Alexandria Bay to go shopping, walk around and then eat. It was another very hot, very nice day. The only souvinier that I bought was a magnet that had the recipe for 1000 Island Salad Dressing on it (b/c it's where it was invented). Then we ate lunch and took off for home...we got home around 5:30-6pm. All in all, I was VERY impressed with this short vacation...I want to go back to the 1000 Islands VERY soon...and go tent camping. I think it would be a nice romantic weekend getaway...I know, I mean I know it sounds weird, like how can tent camping be romantic, but I think it would be...

Anyway, that's it for now...I'm getting all of my pictures back from being developed tomorrow evening, so I'll try and post pictures on here tomorrow night or Friday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home