Friday, May 05, 2006

finally some relief...

so (may 4th) i had arthroscopic surgery done on my right knee that has been giving me problems since i was injured while playing travel soccer 10 years ago!! my mom went with me at 7am to memorial hospital...and everything went really well!

when i got there i had to put on a "buffount" cap, change into all of these mismatched gowns and robes and put these weird bootie things on my feet that made me look like a smirf...haha...cheryl, the nurse that was taking care of me was really nice and was an excellent catheter placer...it didn't hurt a bit...so then i met with dr. k, the anesthesist who was nice too...then i met richard, the good looking nurse anesthesist, he was nice too...then the PA, allison and dr. wind came to see me and he signed my leg...i love that guy...he is awesome..not to mention hot...lol

after all of that another nurse took me into the operating room...as they were getting me up onto this really kewl and comfortable operating table a few of the nurses were asking me about different dog breeds and another had a question about her pit bull that sounds like it has a UTI since they knew that i am a Vet Tech...lol

then rich, the nurse anesthesist injected me with some Reglan to help with nausea, Versed to calm me down some more and then some oxygen and then started injecting Propofol for induction...i don't remember anything after that of course! they also had to intubate me since i have reflux...and i'm glad that they did...i was really worried about that! the next thing i remember was waking up with one of the nurses monitoring me in the recovery room. then after a while they helped me walk down the hallway to the room that i started out in so that i could wake up further. they had to give me more Reglan too b/c i felt like i was going to hurl after the walk...lol. after about another 1/2 hour i got changed and was wheeled down to the car by a hospital volunteer...

we were home by like 12:30pm...and i spent the rest of the day on the couch with my leg elevated & with the aircast on my leg...which is a cuff thing that wraps around my leg & knee and is filled with cold water to keep pressure and ice on my knee. i was able to eat a bit and fall asleep/ watch TV/ cuddle w/ Scarlett which made for kind of a boring, but relaxing day! I also got a joint voicemail from H & Jayd from work which was kewl...lol...it made me smile. i also don't go back to work till May 15th which is great!...i'll have lots of time to relax and recover!

so needless to say, my knee really doesn't hurt that much...i took a few of the Loritabs for pain but not as many as they directed b/c it feels fine...really the only bad part about this so far is the fact that i have limited mobility and can't play with Scarlett and let her outside and that i can't take a shower till saturday....eeww...i feel scummy already!!...but overall everything is fine!...peace out for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home